Friday, March 25, 2011

The launch of my collection of two novellas

I just wanted to interrupt my reflections on poems to mention that my debut book of prose, The Return Journey & Our Friends Electric: Two Novellas, was published recently by Ward Wood Publishing. You can find out more about it at Ward Wood's website: http://www.wardwoodpublishing.co.uk/titles-novella-nd-trjaofe.htm

Here's the lovely cover that houses the two pieces. My thanks to Mike Fortune-Wood for the design and Adele Ward for her sensitive and clear-headed edit of the material.


We had a great night at The Irish Writers' Centre, Dublin, and I was grateful to Shauna Busto Gilligan for introducing the press; to Prof Adrian Frazier for launching the book and very generous remarks about work; and, most especially, to all those who came along on a cold February evening to support the event.

Here are a few pictures from the night. More can be found on Ward Wood's Facebook page.


The Book Table

Shauna Gilligan introducing proceedings

Prof Adrian Frazier in typically relaxed mood

Signing a copy of the book for my good friend Tony Kelly

The book is available from Amazon and the Ward Wood website. It can also be found in bookshops in Dublin including Books Upstairs, Tower Records, Dubray (Swan Centre, Rathmines) and the Rathgar Bookshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment